Tuesday, February 15, 2011


Today is definitely one of those slow-starting mornings. The mornings where you say yes to the poptart for breakfast and stay in your comfy clothes til the last possible second. And yes, the mornings where you take your kid to school in yoga pants and slippers. I hope Riley isn't scarred by my lack of even running a brush through my hair before shoving it in a ponytail on days like this.

Boys were up by 5 am... having a blast. I could hear them on and off, but they stayed in their room so I stayed in my bed until I had to get up to use the potty anyway. I told them to get back in their beds and go to sleep but while they quieted down I'm pretty sure they never fell back asleep. Oh well, that probably means Declan will take a nap after preschool today... but that is definitely not guaranteed. He hasn't taken a regular nap for over a year now and I miss it like crazy. I have a feeling that is about to get a whole lot worse should I ever decide to not be pregnant anymore.

My dad has already collected Zach for his surgery in Lancaster. I'm really lucky to have the kind of parents who have always been so helpful and accepting. I'm sure few would find Zach to be the ideal son-in-law but my extended family has seen him for what really matters: he is a fabulous father and my other half. In the end, that is all that matters to me.

In other news, I'm not quite sure how I'm going to lose any baby weight after looking through Tastefully Simple's new spring/summer catalog. Portion control will be key since everything looks so yummy.

Going to finally get in the shower so I can start the last load of baby clothes that I need to wash before he arrives. Although, I'm sure there is no rush.


(the pic was taken at 9:45 am... what happens to Declan when his wild and crazy brother wakes him up at 5 am. )

No comments:

Post a Comment