Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Well, things are (dare I say) a lot better around here concerning Archer. He now gets up only twice a night and isn't nearly as fussy in the evenings, and since we know him a little better we can get him to stop and fall asleep a lot sooner. Knowing all of his tricks certainly helps- we end up having a full blown singing-in-the-shower karaoke fest in the living room most nights. He loves music and our terrible singing and it gets him to calm right down almost all of the time, and pretty quickly.

Took him to his 2 month appointment today, he's not quite 2 months but his doctor goes on vacation next week so he got all of his terrible shots today. He is now 12 lbs and 4 oz and 24 inches long. So that would make him the 77th% for weight and 94th% for length. Everything with him looks great, so that is always nice to hear- you're doing things right!

In other news, I've quit Jenny Craig already. Stretching my budget to paper thin when I can just as easily count calories of foods I make myself seemed silly. I'm still operating on the 1200 calories a day rule, and eating lots of fruits and veggies (for me, a MAJOR change!) and just trying to choose more healthy foods. Although for anyone with money to burn and weight to lose, the Jenny Craig entrees and snacks were all really yummy-totally surprising. I'm continuing to eat the ones I've already purchased!

Archer is sleeping right now, completely worn out from his doctor visit and Riley, Declan and Zach are all collecting the green stars in Mario Galaxy 2. This is the first moment I've sat down and just chilled with the "old" fam...it's kinda nice! At the same time, I feel like I should be doing something!

What else has happened lately? I had a phone interview yesterday that seemed to me to go really well, hoping to hear from the actual department hiring to see if I get a real interview. Although, with the holidays she did warn me it might take a little longer to move to the next step. Yesterday, I also had my financial aid meeting for KTI where I will be starting my classes (evenings only, Monday-Thursday) June 27th. I was excited to learn that besides the $50 registration fee, there are no other costs that need paid prior to school beginning or even until 6 months after completion of the course. Very nice for our family, with a very limited workers comp paycheck.

5 whole days off before Riley has school again... so grant me patience, and Tylenol to get through this.

Happy Easter, everyone! Only a few more days til Starbucks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment