Thursday, March 10, 2011

Gripe-Gripe-B$tch

My little baby was so fussy and gassy last night and tempers in the home were reflective of this... honestly my hubby can be a big help sometimes and other times he acts like he has done me a huge favor if he so much as bends a pinky finger to do something so that I don't have to. The first few nights home we took turns getting up with Archer...Zach is still off work with an injury (an injury that DOESN'T hinder him from newborn care) so he would stay up a few extra hours and get one more feeding in so I could get a headstart on sleep. All of that has fallen by the wayside already, I don't know why I am surprised. Then he gets irritated and said that I act like everything he does with the baby or the bigger boys is wrong (our parenting styles do not match up in a lot of situations)anyway. I mean sometimes I may act like that because it IS wrong, but I thought I had gone out of my way to say how smooth the transition was going and thanking him especially for stepping up when I was in the ER. Maybe I should have gotten him an actual engraved trophy?

All I'm asking is that if Zach gets to sleep all night long, can I please have a nap? I got one yesterday, but only after he yelled at me and acted like he had been helping me at night (one time he got me a change of clothes for Archer when he piddled on his clothes). No, it isn't a contest. Yet...which one of us actually birthed the child, lost too much blood, was internally examined 3 1/2 days post birth AND can barely sit down a week later? That would be me. So, no- I don't think a nap is too much to ask for.

I am still doing the laundry, cooking him 2 meals a day, bathing the bigger kids, getting Riley's homework done... the only thing he does do most of the time is feed the baby a bottle during the day. It would be nice if he would do some of the other chores so I could actually enjoy feeding baby while I'm awake.

Declan has me all to himself for a second, and he wants that attention pretty badly-so enough complaining for now!

1 comment:

  1. It always seems that men cant commit to housework help or baby help without eventually whining about it!

    Greg actually is working outside the home so if he can't always help I can be a teeny bit understanding but with Zach, he should be helping more!

    ReplyDelete