Friday, February 26, 2010

This year, February is way too white to be Black History month!

I have a serious case of cabin fever. It definitely feels like we have missed more days of preschool this month compared to days we actually made it there. Which is fine and dandy until you remember that preschool has tuition that is overpriced where Riley goes anyway. The snow is blowing sideways at speeds of fifty miles per hour. Overnight, all the snow piled up against our door and is about two feet deep, yet there is maybe an inch on the ground at the most. I can actually see the road in most places of our culdesac.

So is it spring yet? Because if it doesn't stop with this white stuff before too long, I am going to literally go crazy. I am finding my temper is shorter and shorter, which you would think I am able to correct if I am aware of it. Alas, I am human.

Just get tired of things not staying nice ever. No, I don't care if things are tidy most of the time. What I do find ridiculous? How I can't walk out of the room for a minute without one of them (and they are sticking firmly together and denying all and not even blaming each other-interesting) gauging a hole in the table in a nice jagged line. So now the table that we have had for less than 4 months is now worth very little. Guess it will go great with the one chair that they already broke and had to be fixed.

See what I mean? I take to bitching when I am confined like an animal. Although, Zach did let me know that there were many accidents on his way to work along 283 towards Lancaster. So getting out of this cage isn't worth risking our lives because apparently the wind is wicked on cars!

Less than a month til the official start date of Spring. And yet another almanac predicted nightmare coming up next weekend.

I will also be getting a third child that week. I am excited to have her, she is 2 and should be a fun distraction for the boys and give me a fleeting taste of what a daughter would be like. But I am not excited at the prospect of more snow and an extra person to entertain, or possibly lose in the snow piles.

Think it is time to make some brownies....or something. Chocolate can fix anything, after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment